photo rabbit_collage3_zpspnhy2qz3.jpg
K-ywy - Eating is believing
Monday, September 5, 2016 • 6:54 PM • 0 Sweet hearts

Let me share a little of my joy.

I officially announce that I am part of Singapore's legal Ahmad force!

Driving lessons history:

I started enrolling in SSDC's lesson in 2015 December, which is less than a year ago. When I was still thinking whether to go for school or private, JT told me to take 1/2 each. He then registered me on the 30 December 2015 for my first class on 29 Jan 2016. Btw, he paid the Enrolment and my first lesson for me.

Subsequently, I started booking all my classes online, not knowing that I have to pay every single time I do a online booking transaction. Thus that $0.80 per transaction actually sucks my little bank savings many times. After that I started booking multiple slots per transaction.

I don't know how I chiong for some of the months. At certain days, I booked 4 hours slot so that I can clear as many subjects as possible in a day.

Anyway, I didn't get private instructor because I don't know of a good one.

Cleared all my subjects and I had to book for my test. By then I was still worried I might just mount kerb and then flung the test in 5 minutes. So I kept checking back at their website, wanting to get a revision slot that is close to the test date. Somehow I managed to secure a revision lesson slot 2 days before one of the available test date.

Day of the test

Before I booked the test, I thought the revision lesson is the last unofficial driving that I will be having. But there is warm up before the test! Lol.

I was honestly thinking that I'm going to flung the test because JT kept saying that there is very high chance that I will not clear the test in 1 attempt. Went there with 1/2 hope.

I was in the room with the rest of the guys who is taking the test. I have to say that some of the testers look very scary. And I got 1 malay guy after all the waiting. Btw, I was last to be called out.

The instructor who did the warm up round with me parked the test car so close to the pillar, I was freaking worried that the moment I leave the parking lot, my car's side mirror gonna buah the pillar, not knowing if that is an immediate failure or not.

But I can be smart at times, and know what corrective actions to do.

So, I had all the test in the circuits. Because I'm learning automatic car, I had to do the up ramp, which manual cars do not have to.

I was always quite good in directional change, it's 99% 1 time try and that's it. But I actually went in a out more than once when I was tested.

Cleared all circuits without hitting kerb, so tester got me out to the road. At one point of time he actually told me to make a U-turn. I thought I had to do that at the junction. Didn't see that there was a U-turn sign at the side. I ended up swerving a little to quickly get into the lane.

Leaving these aside, we were told to return to one of the office and each of us just sat there waiting for them to sum up our results. I turned around, looked at one of the China guy sitting at the cubicle behind shaking his head.

I was thinking, "He flung? Don't take in the negative vibes. Better turn back."

My TP came out, spoke a lot of "You should not do" followed by "Your driving out on the road is basically no issues". He then slowly told me to go to level 4 then down to level 1 for registration or something. I couldn't understand what he meant, so I stared at him. Only then he said I cleared the test!

Eh, who said I have to do many times to clear?

JT was waiting outside for me. The moment he knew I cleared the test, he handed this to me.




I called mom to tell her about the good news. She's elated too! Anyway I told everybody who knows I was going for test to not pin any hopes on me clearing the course.

Ok, so I'm legally a SG driver now. If I ever lose my job, I'm so gonna be uber.

0 Comments posted :

Post a Comment


Click please!






Visit Cathryn's Nail Art Blog


Chatting Here


Post history






Newer Posts | Older Posts