|
Thursday, May 12, 2016 • 12:03 AM • 0 Sweet hearts
5 May
Took a day leave, went to SSDC for lessons in the morning with him. After that headed to his so called famous TCM for his injured wrist.
That clinic looks so old school. But looks really very authentic kind. Woody benches, stench of chinese medication wafting through, and their retro looking physicians there.
Were super hungry by the time we left.
He suggested to go Nex because it was somewhere close.
Had Dian Xiao Er for lunch. They have some set lunch promotion for 2. Only about $39. But bill came to about $60 cos he knew I wanted to eat their salted egg lotus.
Their duck is still so good! I always like their Dang Gui roasted duck. So Yum!
Headed off to watch The Civil War.
6 May
Still not sure whether it was West Gate or Jem, I can't get these right. He and I went there for the sake of getting his Casio watch but ended up not buying for no reason.
He wanted to try something new. So we walked the basement for at least 20 minutes before deciding on this So Pho restaurant.
Told him that I was there with my SIM vendor once, and I ordered their Pho. It was so bad that I had to forgo at least 3 pieces of beef slices because it was so tough!
He gave me that =.= look, because that was probably the only thing he wanted to try in their menu. What's going to a Vietnam cuisine without having their pho right? LOL.
Ok, but somehow or rather I managed to convince him that he should give it a try.
That was what I told their server, "Could you inform your kitchen not to overcook the beef slices? I had it once and it was really tough."
That guy laughed, took down our orders and said he shall serve us raw beef slices. Apparently we thought it was a joke. Until the order slip came with the word "raw". We began to worry that he was being serious.
It came raw. Yes, what you would see during a steamboat feast, on your table. We burst out laughing, but it wasn't that bad, because you knew those thinly sliced beef would have been cooked within seconds after you sink it into the base.
Appetizer that he ordered. So so only.
My lemongrass roasted chicken was quite raw in the inside.
He's always eager when he sees sofa, urge me to try to see if that fit into our bill. I guessed he was close to putting in a deposit. Chiong to supermart to buy some groceries. They were about to close so we had to hurry.
It was such coincidence that I saw Vietnam rice. Was looking for it online!
|
|
0 Comments posted :
Post a Comment