|
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 • 5:35 AM • 0 Sweet hearts
I love baking.
Cookies, bread and everything related to pastries really excites me!
I'm not a very good baker, but I'm going to show you my edited butter cake recipe that I took from one of the baker's website.
4 eggs, separate it, rm temperature.
Not every recipe calls for separation of eggs, well, but since I like to create that meringue peaks, I always do the egg separation.
I had a talk with one ex baker, my mom's friend's husband to be exact. He told me that egg separation is not required. I searched through the internet and some bakers said separating the eggs would increase the air bubbles in the batter, giving you a softer and lighter texture.
I don't know which to go for, tried both. I realized that without separation, my cake top looks better. Can't remember the difference in the taste though.
Blend into soft bubbly peaks before adding sugar in.
50g sugar with the meringue
Blend everything together to create stiff looking peaks.
Set it aside and start your butter batter!
Their recipe is calling for 230g of butter, but I had close to 250g in.
Mix this well with another 150g of sugar. You can lower the amount to 100g if you do not like sweet cakes.
Throw in 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
4 egg yolks to be added in 1 by 1.
I'm using cake flour instead of all purpose / self raising flour. I believe it creates finer texture.
Add in some baking powder. I forgotten to add in for this round. I use double action bp, research tells me that I do not have to decrease the amount because it's the same as a single acting one. You can google to see how much bp you need, I usually go by instinct, that would be roughly 2 teaspoons.
Put in 1/2 the amount of flour, then 60ml of milk in 2 addition, lastly add in the flour and you're done with the butter batter.
Fold in meringue.
I put in quite a bit of walnuts.
Color not very nice because I didn't turn the tray.
Still, we get a very fluffy cake!
|
|
0 Comments posted :
Post a Comment